Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The DREADED glucose test....

Even before I was pregnant, I have heard horror stories about this test. I have heard things like how you can't eat FOR SO LONG before the test and how you have to drink this awful concoction of cough syrup mixed with sweat from the inner thigh of a hairy homeless man with a dash of tiger's blood. I've been told that within the first sip, I might keel over and die and if I don't, I will for sure burp a thousand times and then throw up immediately. I was fully expecting my heart to burst into flames upon finishing and having to be rushed to the ER in a sugar coma. So, when the sweet little nurse brought me my white plastic cup full to the rim of orange, sugary juice and told me I had 2 minutes to drink it, I was scrrrd. So.....I closed my eyes, took a giant gulp and waited for all hell to break loose....UM....NOT EVEN! The stuff was GOOOOD....like put-a-little-ice-and-vodka-in-it-sit-by-the-pool-and-drink-all-day GOOOD! I gulped it down in far less than 2 minutes and never even had so much as a burp come out! I had an hour to wait for all this horror to start and all I got was baby S Lady Gaga-ing it up in my belly for an hour. She is SO going to be a dancer like her mama.
This just goes to show that pregnant women are either crazy drama queens or just like to scare those of us who have yet to experience all these crazy things...

While waiting for my hour to go by, I had my regular dr. appointment and all was good! Blood pressure is normal, baby hearbeat is good, belly measures on target, gained 2lbs this month for a total of 8lbs. Now, just keep your fingers crossed that we passed that glucose test so I can continue to eat shaved ice with extra cream ALL SUMMER LONG.....mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment